Wednesday, July 4, 2012

#45 - Lay Your Hands On Me

Artist: Thompson Twins
Album: Here's To Future Days
Video: From DailyMotion.

I was not a fan of the Thompson Twins, to put it kindly.  "Doctor, Doctor" was all right, but I could not tolerate "Lay Your Hands On Me".  Hearing the opening notes of this song caused a Pavlovian reaction which had me reaching for the dial (or remote, as the case may have been).

In fact, I am quite displeased that I was forced to hear it again all these years later.  The things I do for you people.

Anyway, "Lay Your Hands On Me" was the highest charting single from the “Here’s To Future Days” album, peaking at #6 on the Billboard Hot 100.  Three years later, Bon Jovi released a song with the same title which I enjoyed very much.  I even thought about blogging about that song instead in this spot, just to see if anyone would notice.

I didn’t like the way the lyric “lay your hands on me” was sung.  I also didn’t like the “woo woo woo” in the chorus.  I just didn’t like it at all.

The video is boring.  It does include a xylophone and a string quartet, though.  So that’s pretty cool.  But I still don’t like it.

3 comments:

  1. Call me crazy, but Howard Jones kinda looked like a chick when he was in this band.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a minute I was like whaa..HoJo, and then I got the joke.

      Delete