Thursday, June 14, 2012

#60 - Face The Face

Artist: Pete Townshend
Album: White City
Video: From YouTube.

In 1985, I disliked this song more than any other.  I think what disturbed me the most was the cadence.  The way “Face The Face” was repeated over and over with no variation, like a needle stuck on a record.  You young-uns may not have experienced that before.  I can promise it’s not a pleasant listening experience.

Later, I would learn that Pete Townshend was also in a band called The Who, and made some decent music at one time.

Today?  I feel the same way.  Fingernails on a chalkboard.  We will move on.

I have to believe that things can only get better.

1 comment:

  1. Things can only get better. Do I see Howard Jones in our future? I mean, in the future of our past?

    ReplyDelete