Tuesday, June 12, 2012

#62 - After The Fire

Artist: Roger Daltrey
Album: Under A Raging Moon
Video: From YouTube.

Not only is Roger Daltrey the lead singer and founder of The Who, he is also an accomplished actor.  His solo album "Under A Raging Moon" was named in a tribute to the late Who drummer Keith Moon.

"After The Fire" received a fair amount of airplay on MTV, but the single missed the top 40 completely, peaking at #48.  I could never quite decide whether I found this song adequate, mildly annoying, or if I was totally indifferent.

Now, I think it’s mildly annoying.  For one thing, I find fault with the premise.  “After the fire, the fire still burns”?  How can the fire continue to burn, if it has been established that the fire has in fact completed?

Also, can someone explain to me why the lyrics reference both Matt Dillon and Dom DeLuise?  I’m so confused.

The video features a raging inferno and various volcanic images.  I enjoy that.  However, I do not enjoy the extreme close-ups on Daltrey’s sweaty mug.  And that open shirt is really bugging me.  Clean up yer act, mister.

No comments:

Post a Comment