Sunday, May 20, 2012

#82 - No Lookin' Back

Artist: Michael McDonald
Album: No Lookin' Back
Video: From DailyMotion.

Michael McDonald is best known for his years as the lead singer of The Doobie Brothers in the late 70's. As a solo artist he had two top ten hits, "I Keep Forgettin'" in 1982 and "Sweet Freedom" in 1986. He also had a #1 song in 1986, "On My Own", which was a duet with Patti LaBelle.

"No Lookin' Back" was not one of his great successes. The single peaked at #34 on the Billboard Hot 100. I don't remember this song, it made no impact on me.

However, I do remember the Doobie Brothers performance in this episode of What's Happening!!  Classic 70's TV.

The video features several people running and falling down. I suppose it's a metaphor. I don't really understand.  But I do like the opening shot of the road with the mountains and fields in the distance.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment