Monday, May 7, 2012

#94 - This Is Not America

Artist: David Bowie/Pat Metheny Group
Album: The Falcon and The Snowman Soundtrack
Video: I did not find a copy of the original video, but this is very similar to what was shown on MTV.

When I started listening to music in 1985, I was not a David Bowie fan. This was the first song of his that I had heard. After that he released an album called "Never Let Me Down" which, if the single was any indication, was pond scum. So I did not appreciate Bowie until I got older and discovered Ziggy Stardust, Major Tom and Ch-ch-changes.

I did not see the movie "The Falcon and the Snowman". Maybe I would have understood this video if I did. A dizzying array of imagery, much of it disturbing. I probably preferred Cry to this video.

The Pat Metheny group is a jazz group that still records today.

Birthday: Randall "Tex" Cobb is 62 today. He was in a lot of classic 80's movies including Raising Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment