Saturday, May 12, 2012

#90 - Say You, Say Me

Artist: Lionel Richie
Album: Dancing On The Ceiling
Video: From DailyMotion.

"Say You, Say Me" won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1985. It was featured in the movie "White Nights". However, it was not included on the film soundtrack because of boring music industry politics. The song eventually appeared on the album "Dancing On The Ceiling", which wasn't released until 1986.

The video switches between scenes from the movie and Richie singing on an empty stage. Didn't see the movie, didn't dig the song. Yawn.

Like Lionel Richie, I also had an awesome dream. That this song never existed.

Birthday: Emilio Estevez is 50 years old today. "I'll make you famous!"

3 comments:

  1. I was much more interested in "Separate Lives" from the movie's soundtrack, to be honest. The interplay between Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin was nice, and the subject (dealing with the sting after a breakup) is something I've been forced to revisit in my adult life.

    I haven't had much need to think back on "Say You, Say Me" but you won't hear me complaining about that. But that song was all over the place as 1985 turned to '86.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Separate Lives is a great song. It will be featured later on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the love for this song? Right here. Say you, "Say You, Say Me" blows, say me, "it's not so bad. I concede, it's a little creepy, but I always kinda liked it." Except for that weird bridge -- I'm with you there.

    ReplyDelete