Wednesday, May 2, 2012

#98 - Party All The Time


Artist: Eddie Murphy
Album: How Could It Be
Video: If you must.

Eddie Murphy was approaching the peak of his fame when this video appeared on MTV. His rise as an entertainer was meteoric, first saving Saturday Night Live from cancellation as a teenager and then starring in blockbuster movies like 48 Hours, Trading Places and the Beverly Hills Cop franchise. When you're that successful at an early age, I guess you think you can be a musician too.

I must say, I thought this song blew chunks. I definitely didn't understand who Rick James was in 1985. I thought he looked like a lion.

The hangers-on in the studio sure do appear jolly. They look like they want to, well, "party all the time"! I still fail to appreciate the artistry. Catchy tune, though!

Also, the Wikipedia explanation of the plot of this song is quite humorous.

Eddie Murphy became one of the greatest comedic perfomers of all-time. Musically, "Party All The Time" was his biggest success.

Today's Birthday: Bruce Hall, bass guitarist for REO Speedwagon, is 59 today. We'll be seeing REO later in the countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment