Tuesday, May 15, 2012

#87 - Obsession

Artist: Animotion
Album: Animotion
Video: DailyMotion. (Get it?)

"Obsession" is a celebration of unhealthy fixation, set to an infectious synth-pop beat. It's the song that makes stalking fun!

The opening keyboard riff is quite distinctive....it's got a great catchy hook. This song was another favorite. Hearing the first few notes gives me a distinct "80's" feeling.

Animotion had a couple of other minor hits, but "Obsession" is their most famous. I was surprised to learn they were from my hometown of Los Angeles. My guess was that they were British.

The video is colorful as the band cycles through a variety of costumes. Cleopatra, maybe the knights of the round table, preening and prancing in some kind of luxurious mansion.

"I will collect you, and capture you." Creepy, yes, but irresistible.

Today's Birthday: George Brett is 59 years old today. One of the best third basemen ever to play baseball.

1 comment:

  1. When this came out, it was before my family had a VCR. So I had to wait until MTV deemed it a good time to show the video before I could see it. Fortunately, that was pretty often for a while.

    ReplyDelete